Ashfika Rahman is an artist from Dhaka, Bangladesh, primarily works with the medium of classical Dance and theater. After completing her bachelor in business administration, She started her studies at Pathshala South Asian Media Institute (Pathshala), Bangladesh and currently studying in Hochschule Hannover (HsH), Germany. Ashfika Rahman is a multidisciplinary artist working in photography, text and alternative printing. Guided by an interest in systems of categorization and classification. Her practice involves extensive research into the power and structure of society and Social issues.
- 2020 Selected Works: Lumix Festival For Young Visual Journalism, F3- freiraum Für fotografie, Berlin, Germany
- 2020 Dhaka Art Summit 2020, Curated by Philippe Pirotte, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2020 Lumix Festival 2020, Curated by karen Fromm, Hannover, Germany
- 2019 “Princesses-des-villes” Curated by Hugo Vitrani and Fabien Danesi at Palais de Tokyo, Paris, France
- 2019 ‘Catalyst’ jimei x arles international photo festival, Curated by Rahaab AllanaChina
- 2019 “Fabric(ated) Fractures”Curated by Diana Campbell, Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
- 2019 “Women in Photography Exhibition” Curated by Emmeline Yong at Objectifs (Singapore)
- 2019 “Chobi Mela X” International Photography Festival, Curated by Zihan Karim, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2018 Lumix Festival 2018, Curated by Tanzim Wahab, Hannover, Germany
- 2018 Indian Photo Festival 2018 (IPF), Hyderabad, India
- 2018 Dhaka Art Summit 2018, Curated by Simon Castets Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2017 Exhibition “Cross Road”, Curated by Sophia Greiff Hannover, Germany
- 2016 Exhibited in Muslin Festival Curated by Rezaur Rahman National Museum, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2020- New York Times Portfolio Review
- 2020- Finalist Samdani Art Award
- 2019- 12 Women Photographers to Watch in 2019 by PH Museum.
- 2018- Joop Swart Masterclass by the World Press Photo.
- 2018- Samdani Art Award (Finalist), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 2018- Invisible Photographer Asia Award (IPA).
Publication ( Select listing)